Southern Cross Travel Terms and Conditions
By booking your holiday through Southern Cross Travel you are agreeing to the following Terms and Conditions, as well as the Terms and Conditions of your chosen tour operator:
- Once we have been advised to confirm a booking on your behalf (either by telephone, in person, by email or letter) this will be classed as a confirmed booking. Payment is due in order to confirm and booking conditions will immediately apply.
- Once confirmed, it is the responsibility of each traveller to ensure the names on all paperwork are correct as per the individual’s passport. Southern Cross Travel will not take responsibility for any mis-information given when booking. If a name change is required (and allowed) on travel documents, an administration fee from both tour operator and Southern Cross Travel may apply.
- It is the responsibility of each traveller to have a valid passport, with at least 6 months validity from their arrival date back into the United Kingdom.
- It is the responsibility of each traveller to be in possession of all necessary visas, travel, insurance and vaccinations before departure. Southern Cross Travel will not take any responsibility for any issues of this matter which may arise on arrival into the foreign destination. The client’s travel insurance should cover all potential holiday disruptions.
- Any extras (seat requests, meal requests, preference of room types) are not included in the holiday cost or itinerary, and cannot be guaranteed prior to, or after, confirmation. Southern Cross Travel is bound by airline and hotel conditions, and any charges for extras will need to be arranged and paid for directly by the customer to the airline or hotel.
- Changes to a booking, once confirmed, will incur an administration fee of £25.00 per person for the time and work involved.
- Once a booking is confirmed, Southern Cross Travel’s cancellation fees will apply. These are separate from any fees which the tour operator may have in place. Southern Cross Travel cancellation fees will be between 10%-20% of the total booking value. This is non-refundable – however clients may be able to make a claim for this with their travel insurers.
- Southern Cross Travel is bonded through the Travel Trust Association. For more information on this form of financial protection, please go to: http://www.traveltrust.co.uk/Default.aspx?tabid=131.
- By booking with Southern Cross Travel, I/we agree to our personal information being stored in the database and all passport information being securely stored in paper format in a locked unit. We understand that Southern Cross Travel will need to share passport information (and other personal information) with the airline and other travel providers and we consent to our information being used accordingly. We understand this information will not be used with any unnecessary third partners.
- We agree to Southern Cross Travel contacting us by email, telephone and post in relation to a potential, or existing booking, as well as contacting us for future bookings, offers, competitions and events.
By confirming a booking and paying a deposit to Southern Cross Travel, you are agreeing to these Terms and Conditions.
Website Terms and Conditions
1.1 It is not necessary to register with us in order to use most parts of this website.
Use of Website
1.3 You may print and download material from this website provided that you do not modify or reproduce any content without our prior written consent.
1.4 All reasonable measures are taken by us to ensure that this website is operational all day, every day. However, occasionally technical issues may result in some downtime and accordingly we will not be liable if this website is unavailable at any time.
1.5 Where possible we always try to give advance warning of maintenance issues that may result in website down time but we shall not be obliged to provide such notice.
Visitor Provided Material
1.7 When using this website you shall not post or send to or from this website any material:
(a) for which you have not obtained all necessary consents;
(b) that is discriminatory, obscene, pornographic, defamatory, liable to incite racial hatred, in breach of confidentiality or privacy, which may cause annoyance or inconvenience to others, which encourages or constitutes conduct that would be deemed a criminal offence, give rise to a civil liability, or otherwise is contrary to the law in the United Kingdom;
(c) which is harmful in nature including, and without limitation, computer viruses, Trojan horses, corrupted data, or other potentially harmful software or data.
1.8 We will fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requiring us to disclose the identity or other details of any person posting material to this website in breach of Paragraph 1.7.
Links to and from Other Websites
1.9 Throughout this website you may find links to third party websites. The provision of a link to such a website does not mean that we endorse that website. If you visit any website via a link on this website you do so at your own risk.
1.10 Any party wishing to link to this website is entitled to do so provided that the conditions below are observed:
(a) you do not seek to imply that we are endorsing the services or products of another party unless this has been agreed with us in writing;
(b) you do not misrepresent your relationship with this website; and
(c) the website from which you link to this website does not contain offensive or otherwise controversial content or, content that infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of a third party.
1.11 By linking to this website in breach of clause 5.2 you shall indemnify us for any loss or damage suffered to this website as a result of such linking.
1.12 Whilst we do take all reasonable steps to make sure that the information on this website is up to date and accurate at all times we do not guarantee that all material is accurate and/or up to date.
1.13 All material contained on this website is provided without any or warranty of any kind. You use the material on this website at your own discretion.
Exclusion of Liability
1.14 We do not accept liability for any loss or damage that you suffer as a result of using this website.
Law and Jurisdiction
Our business’s name is: Southern Cross Travel
Our business address is: 77a The Mint, Rye, East Sussex, TN31 7EW
Our VAT registration is: 731 07 03 35
Our contact details are: 01892 783896, 01797 229200 and [email protected]